Tiny Eden

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Project Week 1 of 52: Frames and Buns

I really enjoyed this first week.  There were several things that I tried, but I am narrowing it down to just 2 things to post about because I am sure there will be a week when I can't try something.  The 2 things I did this week that I am writing about.......the "I Love You Because..." dry erase board and the Sock Bun.

First, the dry erase board.  This was a really fun project and the part that I had the most difficulty with was finding my color scheme and realizing that I did not have a whole lot of patterned paper, so I need to work on that!  I splurged on a Cricut Expression this past November and those things are pretty stinking expensive so I am trying to get some use out of it so that I can justify purchasing it.  It is a really fun little gadget and I have gotten some use out of it, but I not nearly as much as I should.  I got the idea on Pinterest from a posting from this blog .  It is a really cute idea and you can hang it on the wall or put it on a counter or table with the stand on the back of the frame.  From this idea, I have come up with a few other ideas, but I have not made them yet and they are gifts for other people so until they get them, I don't want to post them.  I was a little weary as to how it would go with the dry erase marker - I was unsure if it was actually going to erase completely or just get smudgy.  But it is great!  Take a peek:

The next project was the Sock Bun.  I have massive amounts of very thick hair, so again, kind of weary about this one as well.  But, Sam liked it and so did I.  I was kind of bummed because I did it a nite before work so I had to wear it in a ponytail and I did not get to keep it down.  I did have to add some product to my hair because I also have a tad bit of a frizz issue.  This idea was from this blog .  I definitely recommend trying it.  There is also a link to the video on how to do it.  Looks like it would be difficult, but if I could do it, anyone can :-)


So those, my friends, are my Pinterest projects for the week.  Please let me know if you would like me to make one of the I Love You Because... signs.  They can be customized by color and I have several other graphics that I can use.  I am selling them for $10.00.  If you are interested, email me at marisa1221ATgmail.com or comment on my blog here, or message me on Facebook.  Remember that 15% of all of my profits will be donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  Don't forget to tell your friends and family about my blog and become a member!  Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all!!!!

"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time -- a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."

"May you have: A world of wishes at your command. God and his angels close to hand. Friends and family their love to impart, and Irish blessings deep in your heart!"









No comments: