Tiny Eden

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Week 5! Pancakes and Necklaces

Good news, friends!  I have been trying and trying to come up with a name for my Pinterest Project other than just, well, Pinterest Project.  After much thinking and running names past my family, I finally came up with and decided on a name.  Everyone ready for this one.......PhoebeLu's!!!!  I know!  I just love it!  And if you don't please don't be honest and tell me that you don't.  I would rather just live in a fantasy world that thinks that everyone loves the name as much as I do.  I have come up labels and business cards and I am currently in the process of putting together a Facebook page.  This is something that I am really excited about.  When I was younger, my dad used to bring me to the local K-Mart here in GA when I would visit him over the summer and he would pay $15 so I could set up a table selling my crafts.  He would also bring them to his office and he would sell them there.  This is something that I have always had a passion for and I am really excited about this. 

Onto my Pinterest Projects for this week.  My first one was a recipe that was really delicious!  Like a lot of recipes, I was kind of skeptical about it.  They were called Busy Mom Muffins which is pancake batter in muffin pans.  You add the maple syrup and you can add whatever add-ins that you like in or on your pancakes.  I used walnuts and apples and they were delish!  After they came out of the oven, I sliced them open and slathered them with butter.  And what goes best with pancakes?  Bacon of course!  Which made a lovely side dish.  I followed the instructions on this lovely pin here! I had some leftover, so I brought them to work and they made a lovely, quick, easy breakfast (that I had at about 11:30 am) that I just popped in the microwave.

Now for my next project, which was my craft of the week.  It was a really fun one!  Even though I screwed up the first one and had a cursing fit.  But I digress.  My project was the LOVE necklace that is an idea that was originally sparked by an Anthropologie necklace shown at their website.  It is simply just some jewelry hardware, tread in any color that you like, and some wire.  Simple enough!  I got the idea from this clever blog here!  I used some blue thread for mine and a silver chain.  I opted not to use a charm on it because I liked the simpler look of just the word.  Take a peek!
These lovely necklaces retail on the Anthropologie website for $48.  Mine are only $15!  And remember - 15% of that will go to the CF Foundation.  So far, I have $35 from my lovely little Pinterest Project which is now known as PhoebeLu's that is going to go towards my Great Strides 2012 goal! I am really hoping to be able to add more to that.  If you are interested in this necklace, please let me know what color you would like, what length you want for the necklace, and what you would like the necklace to say.  Personally, I think mine is cuter that the Anthropologie one!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!  Thanks for reading my blog and make sure to pass it along to your friends and families!!!  Hugs to all!!!!

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”  ~Dr. Seuss

“If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.”  ~Marilyn Monroe

No comments: