Tiny Eden

Friday, September 28, 2012

Pinterest Project Week 15: Salt Bagels, Gnocchi Mac and Cheese, Apple Caramel Crisp, The Hidden Gems of N. GA, and Good-bye Ruby

Greetings to all of my fabulous readers!  I hope everyone is enjoying this fall weather as much as I am.  We rang in the new season last Saturday in the most perfect way imaginable.  Discovering the hidden gems of North GA.  You see, California and Long Island are not the only places with breathtaking views of wineries.  Dahlonega, GA is the home to some gorgeous wineries and we had a deliteful time with our friends, Rick and Rachel.  We went to three separate wineries.  After 1.5 wine tastings, I don't remember much except for the fact that, by the 3rd winery, Rick was able to talk everyone at the table into taste testing pate.  I know that my tongue was numb and I was so hungry I could have quite possibly eaten anything at that point, but from what I recall, it was actually pretty stinkin tasty!  The wineries that we hit were Three Sisters Vineyards, Frogtown, and Wolf Mountain Vineyards.  If you ever get the chance to pop into one of these, I highly recommend it.  Sam and I loved it so much that we are tempted to get married all over again so we can do it there!















                                         With Rachel at Frogtown
                                                                                    

Pepper, Our buddy from 3 Sisters          


                                                    Sam & Myself & Our Bottle O'Wine

 
Rick & Rachel

It finally came time to say goodbye to my beloved mobile, Ruby.  She was unable to be repaired without us paying more than her blue book value.  I don't say more than what she was worth because to me, she was worth alot.  We had been thru quite a bit together.  I was really sad to say goodbye to her.  I felt very guilty about the fact that the best cleaning that she ever got from me in a really long time was the one that was going to be her last with me.  I cried when I had to leave her.  They reassured me that she would be auctioned off, repaired, and sold to someone else that she would make very happy.  Now, I have a shiny new mobile that I never would have splurged on myself.  To say that my husband spoils me and makes sure that I am happy is a gross understatement.  And no, it is not just with material items.  He puts up with my crazy silliness, insane mood swings, clinginess, anxiety.  I love him to pieces!  If you asked me about 10 years ago if I ever thought if I was capable of finding a love this great with a man who treats me with such love, I would have said no.  He put the broken pieces back together.

                                                                                          
                                                                    
                                                                                 Ruby

Onto my Pinterest Project!  I gave some of the recipes a whirl and this time, I followed them all exactly the way they were written.  BAZINGA!  You didn't think I would actually do that, did you?  I did all of these yesterday because I had quite a bit of pent up anger with my dr's office and their less than stellar communication.  My first feat were Salt Bagels.  The recipe that I followed was fairly easy and I did not have a choice but to follow this one the way it was written.  The only thing I did differently was top them with salt.  I did not have kosher salt, so instead I used margarita salt.  Funny how I had a whole lot of that on hand!  I ate one for breakfast this morning and it was delish!!!!

Salt bagels...YUMMY!
 
My next delicacy was Macaroni and Cheese with Homemade Gnocchi.  It was pretty good!  I used swiss cheese, mozzarella, and ricotta because that is what I had in my fridge.  Bacon makes everything better, so I added a few slices of bacon.  I was surprised that Sam ate it, but he seemed to really enjoy it.  There was not the usual answer of "Interesting" when I ask him if he likes something that he is not a fan of.  I made a little extra sauce because who doesn't love extra cheesy mac?
 

                                                                    
       Gnocchi Mac & Cheese

Last but not least is the Apple Caramel Crisp.  This last recipe is one that I got from my friend.  I have made lots of Apple Crisp, but this one is one of my favorites.  The recipe is actually for Apple Cranberry Crisp, but I am not one for cranberries.  Instead, I replaced the cranberries with more apples and then I nestled some caramels into the little nooks and crannies before I added the topping.  Another thing is that I made quite a bit of the extra crumble for the top.  My philosophy is that you can never have enough crisp on top!  That is my favorite part!  I cannot even begin to tell you how yummy it was to bite into the apple crisp and get some ooey-gooey caramel in it!  No words can even begin to describe it!
Apple Caramel Crisp
 
So that is all I have to offer you, folks.  I am hoping to have completed a craft or 2 by next week.  We shall see!  This fall and winter, I am planning on finishing organizing the house.  It is so liberating to just be able to get rid of everything that we don't need.  My belief is that last year's organization was not very successful because I was in such a slump about the whole IVF thing not working.  I feel much better as time has gone on.  It still hurts, but we have moved on and started discussing the next steps that we will be taking.  I hope you all enjoy these recipes as much as we did!  Hugs to all!
 
 
"If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on"
~FUN - Carry On
 
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ~ President Barack Obama

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~ Mother Teresa

 

No comments: