Tiny Eden

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What A Surprise!!!!

Isn't this a shocker?!?!?!?!  I have a big huge announcement to make.  It is the reason why I have not blogged in a while.  I have loved doing Pinterest Projects, but honestly, I do not have the time nor the energy or even the desire to continue with it.  I am still trying things from Pinterest, and I will blog about them, but doing them once a week and feeling the need to blog about it was taking the fun out of it.  My personality consists of one of avoidance.  If I feel pressure to do something, I avoid it.  This is why Sam is the one who pays all of our bills, schedules most appointments, and makes follow up phone calls.  I just don't like to do it!  So, that, my friends, is my big huge announcement.  I will not be doing Pinterest projects anymore. 

On to other important things.  An update on my fabulous, courageous sister.  Dana is finished with her chemo and her radiation.  It was very difficult for me to sit from afar and hear what she was going thru.  The past few weeks were not an easy road, but she handled it with grace and with an extremely minimum amount of complaining!  Most of our conversations consisted of her asking me how I was doing!!!  Between my mom, Dana's mother-in-law, her sister's-in-law, her friends, and her husband, Dana has had a great support system.  I knew she was always in good hands and there would always be someone looking out for her.  Unfortunately, just about every bad side effect that comes with chemo and radiation struck Dana.  And a stomach virus on Easter wiped out Dana, Brian, and Matthew.  Christina was the only one who was spared.  Therefore, I think she is the guilty party and poisoned everyone so she could eat all of the Easter candy!  She is extremely smart, you know! 

My nephew Matthew and my Gramps both celebrated their birthdays on March 30th.  Matthew is 2 and Gramps is 91!!!!  Christina turned 5 on April 12th and Dana is turned 29 (again) on April 10th.  To me, this was a very special birthday.  It was a day to really celebrate Dana and reflect on how lucky we are to have her in our lives. 

I hope you are all doing well.  The reason why I had not been posting, aside from the pressure from my Pinterest project, but because I knew that I would want to blab about our new little miracle that will be joining us on October 16th.  I wanted to wait until the time was right and we found out that everything was going as planned.  But, I will write more about that in later blogs!

“There are days when I think I don't believe anymore. When I think I've grown too old for miracles. And that's right when another seems to happen.”  ~Dana Reinhardt

“Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.”  ~Louise Glück

"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." ~Marion C. Garretty

1 comment:

teenys mommy said...

I was going through your old posts today and read this one again-you are an amazing sister & friend. Not sure what I would do without you I love you