Tiny Eden

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!!

Happy New Year to all of my Fabulous blog followers!  Here is hoping that 2013 will have lots of wonderful surprises for everyone, but most importantly, I hope that Dana regains her health.  She has a cold at the moment and if she still has it on the day her surgery is scheduled, the surgery will have to be postponed.  So please say your prayers and send positive vibes for Dana to lose those sniffles so we can all get the answers that we need to be able to cope with whatever lies ahead for us. 

Christmas was good.  I had off Christmas day, but had to work the days that surrounded it, so we didn't get to do too much celebrating.  I was off for New Year's Eve, but worked New Year's Day, so I was in bed and asleep at 9:30.  That was until the fools 2 houses away set off fireworks from 11:50 until 1 am.  I was slightly cranky when I woke up in the morning but I wanted to make sure that I started off the New Year with a positive attitude so I quickly turned my mood around.  Sam's mom was here for both Christmas and New Year's Eve and Day, so that was really nice. 

It was hard being away from my mom, dad, Dana, Gramps, Brian, and the kids.  This was for more than 2 reasons.  One, Christmas is the anniversary of my Grammy's death and two, because of Dana's health issues.  I am hoping to be able to get up there at some point soon. 

On to my Pinterest projects for weeks 28 and 29.  The first project is not mine.  It comes from my co-worker Kim who is crafty and has a love of Pinterest!  She was my Secret Santa and she gave me some Gingerbread Truffles and they can be found on this yummy blog!  They were little white chocolate coated globs of goodness!  Kim did such a great job making them, it looked as though she bought them.  Delish!

My second Pinterest Project is mine and boy am I glad I tried it!  It is a homemade cheese danish.  The recipe is located at this nifty blog here!  As usual, I tweaked a little here and there.  Instead of 2 packages of cream cheese, I used 1 1/2.  I also used a pan that was a little bit smaller because I wanted to make sure that the bottom layer came up the sides of the pan.  There are no words to describe the deliciousness that came out of the oven.  And the smell was out of this world!  For the next few days, every time I went into the fridge to get something out, I had to cut off a tiny sliver to snack on.  All I have to say is try this recipe.  You will not be disappointed!

So blessings again for a happy and healthy New Year to you all.  My resolution this year is to stay true to my heart, stand up for what I believe in, and love like there is no tomorrow. 

"We will open the book.  Its pages are bland.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter in New Year's Day."  ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

No comments: