Tiny Eden

Monday, June 24, 2013

Crumb Catchin' Cleavage

Cheers to the start of Week 24!  While we definitely don't want Baby Boy "B" to make his appearance anytime soon (um, I am soooo not ready), it is a relief to know that he is at the point of viability should anything occur.  He is so very active in there and I think there is a possibility that he has confused my bladder with a trampoline.  Triple B loves to kick a ton and I think Josh Brown needs to look out because the NY GIANTS might have a new kicker in a few years!  Poor Phoebe had her head on my lap the other day resting against my belly when she got a good, hard kick.  She looked at my stomach as though there was an alien in there.  It didn't stop her from putting her head back in the same spot, though!

So, I signed up to get these weekly updates regarding what is going on with each week of my pregnancy, what changes I might notice in my own body, what is going on in terms of how big the baby is getting, etc.  Well, I really had to laugh on about week 16 when the update stated that I might notice something new occurring.  My stomach might now start to stick out further than my breasts.  Hmmmm.  Interesting.  Let's just say that the Wonder Bra and Chicken Cutlet bra inserts have been staples in my wardrobe for as long as I can remember.  Without them, my stomach has always stuck out further.  And I would not exactly classify myself as having a pooch!  So, this, my friends, was nothing new to me! 

I did have something new to discover, though.  This strange thing that tons of other people had on an every day basis.  Cleavage.  I quickly discovered the purpose of cleavage.  It is to catch crumbs while you eat.  Although, not just crumbs.  Half potato chips, chunks of cookies, chocolate chips, granola, bread crust, hunks of bacon, and I think there was even a grape in there once.  I would get home from work and get undressed to get in the shower only to find a buffet in my bra.  Which, word to the wise, if anyone is looking for a good maternity bra, I heeded the advice of my BFF and picked up some Genie bras at Target.  They are pretty much a stretchy, very comfy sports-like bra. 

Shockingly enough, I miss the days of going braless.  I am not a fan of these 2 things that have made a home above my belly.  I have heard nasty rumors that post-pregnancy, they can be described as tube socks with a tennis ball in each.  Lovely!  Here's to hoping that, by some miracle, this does not happen to me. 

With all that being said, this is obviously a very small price to pay for this miracle that is growing inside of me.  Only 16 more weeks until we meet this little fella!  Too exciting!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far.  Today is my mom's last day of school which means that the troops will be coming down for a visit!  WooHoo! Can't wait for lazy days by the pool, cooking with my mom and sister, and shopping with the gals!

"Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy and complaining about the shadow over my feet, I'd have cherished every minute of it and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was to be my only chance in life to assist God in a miracle." ~Erma Bombeck

"I begin to love this little creature, and to anticipate his birth as a fresh twist to a knot which I do not wish to untie." ~Mary Wollstonecraft

"Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be." ~Carrie Fisher

No comments: