Tiny Eden

Friday, January 23, 2015

Hello! It's just me, again.

It has been a really long time since I have posted on here - over a year!  So much has happened in the past year - I am not even going to touch on the obvious today - losing my grandfather and my Sam.  2014 has made me realize that I need to live my life to the absolute fullest.  I need to be true to myself and true to Owen.  We are having to adjust to a new life and things have changed.  Therefore, I have changed.  There is one person in my life who I have to deal with and it isn't always the most pleasant experience.  Railroading is how he gets his way and I have realized that this is not going to work.  It is going to have to change.  I don't have Sam to hide behind anymore.  Some people are very outspoken and have no issues voicing their opinions, not really caring who they hurt as long as they get their point across.  Others have a constant "poor me" attitude and have no issue telling anyone and everyone who will listen what their latest drama is - moping around and focusing on just the negative in their lives.  The realization has hit that I cannot be around toxic people right now. 

On to the happier stuff.  Thank God for my Owie and my puppies.  They are the reason I get out of bed every morning.  During this past year, I have watched my baby boy blossom.  He amazes me and I love seeing the person he is becoming.  Owie is definitely a mix of Sam and myself.  He loves to make people smile and laugh.  Boy is he funny!  Somehow, we were blessed with a mild mannered baby who will eat anything but cottage cheese, sleeps until about 10-10:30 am, loves to go shopping with me, and is pretty stinkin smart.  And he is beautiful - on the inside and out.  I can already tell that he is a gentle soul and he is going to go places.  I am going to do everything in my power to make Sam proud in how I raise our son.

Short post, I know.  Hopefully, I will be posting more about my journey.  Our journey, actually.  Thank you to everyone for their kind words and outpouring of love over the  past few months.  Thank you is something I can never say enough.  Hugs to all and please, please, please cherish every moment with your loved ones.  Hug them, kiss them, squeeze them tight.  Tell them how much you love them.  There is no such thing as saying it too much.

"Life is a story.  Make yours the bestseller." ~ Unknown

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Love your posts! Love and hugs!