Tiny Eden

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

For Auld Lang Syne.....

As the year comes to a close, I am starting to think about some of the changes that I want to make in my life for 2014.  Nothing drastic, just ways that I can strengthen the relationships that already exist and perhaps creating new relationships. 

I just wanted to take a second to focus on some of the highlights of 2013.  There were many highs and lows this year, but I really just want to point out some of the positives.  These are in no particular order:

1.  Sam and I deciding to try to have a baby again this year.  We were told that it could take up to 6 tries with fertility treatments but it worked on the first try (aside from our effort from 2011).

2.  Getting pregnant!

3.  Winning the Daisy Award.

4.  My bestie, Lisa, having her 2 beautiful twins, Annabelle and Henry.

5.  Celebrating 3 glorious years of marriage to the best hubs a girl could ask for.

6.  Being a balloon handler in the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Christmas Parade.

7.  My sister, Dana, being a cancer survivor and is now in remission.

8.  Another bestie, Kathleen, getting engaged!!!!!  WooHoo!!!!!

9.  Seeing so many people that I had not seen in such a long time at my baby shower and being able to celebrate with them.

Well, I think that is it.

BAZINGA!  (Just Kidding......)

My most amazing highlight of 2013 was........ Drum roll, please!

10.  The birth of my beautiful Baby O!

Wishing you all a healthy, happy, joyful, beautiful, fun, peaceful 2014!

"Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
and surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give me a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS

No comments: